Friday, January 15, 2010

glimmer

Khloe and I had our first real mommy/daughter shopping trip yesterday and surprisingly it went great! Even through the long car ride there really were no tears, no screaming fits, no temper tantrums, etc.

The only thing that comes to mind was being in Target and she was sitting in the cart trying to get her coat off and she has recently decided that she needs to do EVERYTHING herself. There can be no help from us. So I tried to help take her coat off and she SCREAMED...."NO...DO IT"....which translates to "No, let me do it and if you try and help me I'm going to let everyone in this store know what is going on." So I pulled back and kept my head down and tried to imagine that not one of the 50 people that were standing around me heard my daughter. Don't worry I have a really good imagination! Thank goodness that is the only thing that resulted in any kind of screaming yesterday and as soon I as turned away from her she calmed down and got her own coat off. PHEW!

We hit Archivers first....of course. For those of you who have never been in there...which I was probably the only scrapbooker alive who had not....get there FAST!!! I don't think I had ever set foot in one until about 6 months or a year ago. I know...can you believe it? So we started there and if there was ever a doubt in my mind that Khloe was not my daughter (even though the delivery process is still firmly implanted in my mind) all of my wondering has stopped. She LOVES that store. Which is maybe a little dangerous...but we have a few years yet I figure.

We picked up some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist...which I have never used and am extremely excited to try. I was going to pick up some of their masks, but decided I would just try to make my own on my cricut. I also picked up some of these Piggy Tales "pig tails." I've never used these before either and thought they might be something fun to try. Make some sort of three dimensional page or something. Interesting aren't they? They might require a bit more thought before I use them.


I am going to start work on my challenge page tonight...I work better under pressure. It should be a fun weekend!

1 comment:

Amy Peterson said...

Holly,
Believe it or not, I have never been in an Archivers?! Crazy isn't it? I will have to put that on my "Bucket List." :-)