Sunday, January 17, 2010

Challenge #1 Results

The first challenge I decided to take on was:

Let a song lyric inspire a layout

I decided to go with one of my favorite songs right now which is "The Best Day" by Taylor Swift. I don't know if anyone else is familiar with this song....but I about cry each time I listen to it.

I love it!

Here is my end result....



I love how it turned out. I love all of the bright colors, the big chipboard letters with the yellow brackets, using kraft paper instead of white, and most of all the simplicity of it.

I think this is the least amount of paper or embellishments I have ever used on a page....but I love it. Using less really makes the title and pictures jump out a lot more.


From the looks of it you probably would never have guessed that I struggled with this page. It had been awhile since I had scrapped a page and I am definitely a "thinker" on each page that I do. I can't guess the average amount of time it takes for me to complete a page. I always figure though....why wouldn't I take my time and make each page look as good as I possibly can? I want it to look unique and fun, otherwise I would just slap the photos in a photo album, right?

My objective behind Khloe's album is to have it be more of a story to her. When I do journaling on a page I make a heart at the bottom and sign each one with mama...and now as she gets older with mommy because that is what she calls me now. By the looks of all the pictures I have her books are going to be filled to the brim. I want every fun event included for her to look back on.

I will be posting my next challenge later today! If anyone is taking up the challenges with me please email me some of your pictures! I would love to see them!

No comments: