Monday, February 8, 2010

you just never know

We have been trying to get Khloe to lay by herself to take a nap and go to bed. She does it at the sitter....so why not here, right?

When she finally agrees to lay by herself it usually only lasts about 2 min, if that, before she wants one of us to lay with her. Is she spoiled in this aspect? Probably. But when she was a baby we tried the whole cry it out thing and it just didn't work. So we lay with her....every nap and every bedtime. Sometimes going to bed at night can take up to an hour. Yeah you can about imagine the outcome of those nights.

So today it came time to put Khloe down for a nap. She wanted to lay on the couch...sometimes she does...which I'm fine with. So I just laid down beside her, covered up, and read her a story.

She then told me "Want to lay by myself." I think my eyes about popped out of my head. "What?" I said. "Want to lay by myself....you go work on 'puter" she said.

WOW!

So I went and started working on my computer and sure enough within about 2-3 min she was out! Maybe this "being sick" isn't all bad! ;)

AMAZING!

Will it happen again? Probably not....but for one day it was a pretty amazing story! It was so amazing....I couldn't even resist taking a picture of the cute little peanut. Ok so she didn't exactly sleep alone! She had four snuggly friends to keep her company.




1 comment:

Cami said...

Holly-
We had the same problem with Grant....so my mom suggested playing soft music quietly in his room at night. So we tried that and it WORKED! I would tell him that "I will leave your radio on as long as you promise to go to sleep and lay here quiet. I check on him a couple of times before I go to bed and if he is asleep then I turn the radio off. Just a suggestion. Cami :)

(he got a radio for christmas from my parents and so that helped too because then he thought he was cool)