Wednesday, February 17, 2010

on the hunt...and a surprise (for me....not you.....sorry)

I am on a hunt to find a sewing machine.

I have been having a terrible time trying to find one....simply because I have absolutely no idea what to even begin to look for. I don't know brands, I don't know what should be on the machine, I don't even know anything about needles, bobbins (is that what they are called?), etc.

I'm at a complete and total loss.

One of my goals this year is to learn how to sew....ha ha I know...at least I still have 10 months left, right?

My mom can sew anything. If I ask her for something she has it done in less than a day, I swear. I asked her about sewing machines and all I learned was that my mom can speak Chinese....at least that is all I heard.

So the search continues...if anyone out there has any brilliant insight that they want to share with me feel free! I'm not getting too complicated....I just want to be able to sew on some scrapbooking pages....maybe try a few pillows....some easy little baby blankets for gifts. I'm just going for simple right now.

Simple is good.

Speaking of simplicity......

A package arrived for me in the mail today from Amazon. I looked at the package multiple times before opening it just bewildered, because as far as I could remember....which isn't very far these days....I had not ordered anything from Amazon. So I ripped into it and was super shocked to see this.....

The Pioneer Woman's cookbook!
(one that I had wanted for quite some time and just never went out and bought)

I think I stood and looked at the cover for quite awhile before diving into the box to try and find some sort of insight to my new found luck.

Sure enough there was a note from my friend Jessica wishing me a Happy Birthday!

So, THANK YOU so much for my gift! You are such a great friend, I miss you so much, and next time you come to visit I'll cook you up something tasty you lil' whippersnapper! hee hee

1 comment:

Cami said...

Holly - About 7 years ago my Grandma past away and she was an amazing seamstrist(sp?) She had a really nice sewing machine and it sits on a desk and then it can flip inside so it can be put away. Anyway it was given to me. It is still at my parents(until someday when I get a bigger house) I can use it. I know how to sew by hand and that is what I usually do...I would LOVE how to use a sewing machine better than what I know. I think that it would be fun to take some beg. classes up town...that would be fun if you would want to go..even though your mom is a handy lady and you could get tip s from her! Good Luck!!! Cami