Sunday, February 21, 2010

Challenge #6 results and LOTS of extra stuff

Ok well got the little one to bed....finally.

Worked a portion of the day on finishing my layout for Challenge #6....seriously when will I learn?? This is getting unreal that I don't work on it before Saturday and Sunday. I keep making excuses. My famous one that seems to work every single week is.....

"Once this week gets over things will finally slow down." RIGHT.....I swear I have been saying this every single week since we brought Khloe home from the hospital. Do you ever feel like there are not enough hours in one day....I know....every single day! :)

So I did manage to finish my layout. Here was the challenge I took on:

Play around with circles

Should not have been a difficult one for me....but for some reason I could not wrap my brain around this one. I had ZERO ideas. I might add that my brain has not been functioning right this week....well for the past few weeks....but since this week is over I'm sure things will finally slow down! hee hee

Here is my (somewhat) finished layout:


Ehh....not real crazy about this one....but like I said....ZERO ideas floating around in this little head of mine. The only idea I had in mind was this circle collage of photos. Which I believe in the end was my pitfall. I knew I wanted to try that, but once I got it done I had no idea what to do with it and I was bound and determined I was going to use it. HMMM

So here is how I layed it out in Photoshop...I apologize for the bad picture...



Kind of a neat process.....if you can figure out what to do with it afterwards. ;)

I have a few finishing touches to put on my page....once I can find the supplies in my office to do so. I'm in the midst of moving to my other room and things are looking pretty bad around here. I'm trying to decide what color to paint my new room. I would love to get new carpet as well...the green just doesn't do it for me....but it doesn't seem to be in my $350 budget. So for right now I'm going to have to work with it.

I did find a different desk though that would bring the cost down a bit. The only problem is they are out of stock right now, which means I may have to move my current desks into the other room, which I was not wanting to do.

Oh well.

So I did make mention last night about our FABULOUS supper that we had. We made some broccoli/cauliflower/cheese soup. Amazingly enough I got it right this time, with Troy's help. It could have maybe been just a bit thicker but it turned out great. But it was these little buggers that really had everyone talking.


Nothing like some crispy homemade potato skins courtesy of my new PW cookbook. We are in love! So much so that we made them all over again tonight. I have it decided in my head that they can't be all that bad for you.

Potato skins...potatos are supposed to be healthy, right?

Olive Oil....a good fat.

Bacon...cooked so crunchy that all of the fat cooked out...for sure.

Cheese....good dairy product, especially since I don't drink milk.

Covered on the outside with some course Kosher Salt.....See, perfectly healthy!

Oh man are they ever good! Troy talked about them all last night and all day today. Next up I want to try the twice baked potatos...yummy!

Alright, well I have not even begun to look through my book for my next challenge. So I will do so tonight and post it in the morning!

No comments: