Tuesday, February 16, 2010

watch out for falling objects


I have been putting this post off for quite some time now. I debated picking up before I posted this picture....but I thought everyone should see it in it's true glory.

In case there was anyone out there doubting that I needed a bigger office/scrapbooking room....here is my proof.




I really don't know if I can cram another thing in this room (yes that is also a treadmill off to the left). Actually the floor is relatively clean from what it normally is....and usually there is stuff piled high on my chair. I have been putting off cleaning until this weekend when I move out of this room. I have been waiting for this day for probably the last 2 years!

I can't wait! The only reason I posted this picture is because I have been planning and planning what my new room will look like and I thought you should see the "before" picture. Because the "after" should be pretty amazing when I am finished. It may take me a month or so to get it in order. I need to plan a trip to an IKEA where I am getting a few furnishings. I am on a tight budget and have been saving "extra" money to do this so the plan is to spend less than $350 putting the room together. We'll see if I can come in under budget....I plan to check out a few auctions and try and find some "gems." Here is a picture of my new desk. I can't wait to get my hands on it! It will take a big chunk of my change, but it is a nice big desk with LOTS of storage and I have had my eye on it for years!

I will probably have to wait until spring to spray paint all of the filing cabinets, but that is on my to-do list and I have another little filing cabinet that is going to be just perfect for holding all of my supplies that will have to be spray painted as well. I'll post that a little later on.

I still need to pick out a few paint colors....sorry Troy....I don't think I have warned him that we are going to be painting. We both HATE to paint! But I'm actually excited to do it this time!

So stay tuned for some more exciting things that will be going on in my new room!

No comments: