Wednesday, February 10, 2010

warning...do not read if you are eating right now

Ok so the warning is real.

What you are about to see may disgust some of you or it may make some of you laugh. So if you get grossed out real easily....probably don't look at these pics.

Sorry, but this was too funny not to document. Funny in a way that it is funny the first couple of times and now it is becoming a problem that needs to be fixed. But I needed to capture a few pictures first. Because to me....this is what it is all about.....the little quirky stuff that your kids do that you just have to take pictures of and document....so hear goes.

The other day I came into the livingroom to find that Khloe had pulled both of her socks off. She can now for the most part get herself dressed and undressed and there is no helping her. EVERYTHING is "Let me do it."

So I see her sitting the chair with her legs pulled up and she is wrenching on her toes. A bit like the picture below.



So I ask "What are you doing?" First she says "I don't know." Because her other favorite phrase right now is "I don't know." I ask again and she looks up at me and smiles and says "Cleaning the jam."

It takes me a minute and then I realize that she is sitting there cleaning the "toe jam" out of her toes. Wonderful. I'm going on the record right now and saying that neither Troy nor I sit and clean the "toe jam" out of our toes. I have NO IDEA where she came up with this.

So this has become a new obsession at our house. Everyday for the last 3-4 days Khloe has come home from daycare to "clean the jam out." I thought, ok don't make a big deal out of it and like most things it will just go away.

Then last night she chose the kitchen table as her designated picking spot.....after we have had numerous conversations about having our feet on the table.

Oh yes and did I forget to mention that she has now asked for a napkin to put the "yuckies" on. She even says "Ew gross" when she gets some out.....SIGH.



So after snapping this picture I remind her that our feet do not belong on the table.

Well we have always said that we have a smart little girl. So she decides...fine I won't put my feet ON the table.....


but nobody ever said anything about holding them OVER the table.



I have decided that this is a painful process. She really wrenches her toes apart and usually within 10 minutes of stopping she is complaining that her toes hurt. Imagine that.

The photo shoot ended and then it was time to stop the insanity that goes on at our house and get her away from the table.

In case any of you are worried about eating at our table again. It has been completely sanitized....multiple times....and I can assure you that there will be no more "jam sessions".....at least at the table.

No comments: