Sunday, February 7, 2010

Challenge #4 results

Sunday already....the weekends are just flying by for us.

I hate it.

I finished up yet another challenge this week. It is nice to see that Khloe's album is finally getting some pages to it! I'm really struggling with going back and using the pictures that I took pre-dslr. So my goal is, as much as possible, to do every other layout with older pictures.

Why not add another challenge in there, right? :)

Here are the results from Challenge #4, which was:

Combine black & white and color on a layout


I had a few thoughts on this one. I wasn't sure which approach I was going to take. Here is the direction I went with.



I was simply going to use just the one photograph of her that was partially colored back. Then I decided it needed just a little bit more so I added the two smaller photographs to the bottom. I struggled with this page simply because I thought it needed more, yet I was really happy with how it looked. I really did not add any embellishments except for the three little rub on butterflies. It was hard for me not to get carried away and try and add more, but I really want some of these pictures to stand out more so I need to leave the page a little bit simpler.

These challenges for me are about more than just finishing the challenge that is listed in the book. I really want to expand what I am doing and try things that I have never tried before.


For this layout I printed the flower accent that you see, on the lower right hand side, off of my computer. I laid it out on an 8.5x11 sheet in Photoshop and printed a test page first. It seemed to turn out ok, but I was still pretty nervous that I would "ruin" the only green sheet of paper I had in this shade. I figured if it turned out bad I could improvise and try and cover it up.

I held my breath...printed....and voila!

It turned out PERFECT!

I rubbed on a few butterflies, stamped on my journaling spots, and it was better than I had imagined!

I'll be back later with the next challenge!

No comments: