Monday, March 1, 2010

Challenge #7 results

Finally getting around to posting the results. I, of course, got sucked into "The Bachelor" this year....like I do every year. Every time it is on I do my usual "I am NOT watching this season." Then the first episode airs and I'm sucked in. I especially had to watch tonight because I am a HUGE "Dancing with the Stars" fan and they announced who was on the show tonight. Much better cast than last season! Thank goodness!

Anyways here is the results from my Challenge #7 which was

Finish a layout in one hour

For those of you who know me...I usually spend anywhere from 2-4 hours on one page. I can honestly say I have NEVER finished a page in under an hour. So this truly was a challenge for me. I had about 5 minutes to spare amazingly enough on this page. Even after spending about 10 minutes trying to get my Glossy Accents unclogged. :)



I had a lot of fun with this page simply because I tried a lot of new things. I have never stamped a phrase on a page (note how close together "those" and "eyebrows" are) and I have never used the wording as my focus on the page. I think it worked out great using just the three smaller photos. I do plan to add some stitching to the paper on the side once I find my new sewing machine (I did have five minutes to spare).

The big background paper is from Scenic Route. They are going out of business and have a great sale going on at their website. The other paper is from BasicGrey Indian Summer. I LOVE that paper and have been wanting to use it ever since I got it.


I used four of the Fragments at the bottom and glued them onto the paper (that is what I needed the Glossy Accents for) and cut around them. Then I added a little heart from the Grungeboard (check out the low price there!) and added a little pink Smooch paint to it and some Golden Glass Bead Gel and it was finished.

I can hear the poor little peanut in her room coughing up a storm while she is trying to sleep. It could be a looong week.

No comments: