Thursday, March 4, 2010

treasures

I worked on a little project for Khloe yesterday. I had done one of these little boxes before to house all of her ponytail holders, clippies, and sunglasses. This is the one that sits in her room.




She has these little "Polly Pockets" now that just get left all over the house. Tons of little tiny pieces, so I decided to make another little box for her to store Polly in.

So the boxes and my new paper from BasicGrey came in the mail on Tuesday and I couldn't wait to get started yesterday.


Here is what the box looks like.




I just used a craft knife and cut the knobs off the front so I could paint it white.

Then I just used Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the drawers, sides, and top. Then I just went over the top of it with Mod Podge again and glued the knobs back on.



Stuck a few tiny rhinestones on the knobs and decided to put a cute little bird and some hearts on one of the drawers. I'm not usually one to use all of the "extras" that come in the BasicGrey packs....but this time they really outdid themselves. I love the turtles and birds. Cute, aren't they?


No comments: