Monday, March 29, 2010

Challenge #11

Alright things are up and running now it appears!

Here is my challenge #11 which was

Tilt your design on an angle




I had an interesting time with this one. I finished it yesterday and just kept coming back and looking at it. I went to bed hating it. I woke up loving it.

I'm not a big buttons type of girl, but I have tons of them (because they do look pretty) and decided I better start using them.

I just drew a frame around the b&w picture with some acrylic paint and a foam paint brush (remember I'm trying to do things I've never done before). I think it turned out cute.

Painted the CHEESE letters with white then went over them with Ranger Crackle Paint.



I had a hard time with journaling. If you go back up and look at the whole page there really is not a good place to journal. Sometimes I just don't want to ruin a page with my yucky handwriting. So I decided on a hidden pocket with my journaling inside. Look at the whole page above and on the right side you can see a little orange tab that says "pull."


I just glued a little envelope under the page and then cut out a white piece of cardstock to stick inside and glued a little tab on it and hid my journaling. Something fun just for Khloe to go back and look at when she gets older, not everyone that flips through her album gets to read it. Just to my special little peanut from her mommy.


Turned out to be one of my favorite pages. I love all the colors.

I have picked a new challenge for the week. Challenge #12 is

Format your journaling as a Mad Lib


Fun, right? We played with those Mad Lib's all the time when we were kids. Now if I can just remember what adjective, verbs, adverbs, etc are I'll be in good shape! ;)

Good news.....things are progressing fast on my new desk!!! Whoot Whoot

I'll share some more pics tomorrow. Maybe even a few of the annoyed woodworker who didn't want me to take his picture. :)

Today was sooo nice. We all got outside and while Troy worked on my desk, Khloe and I raked up some leftover leaves from the fall that we had missed and cleaned up my hosta beds.

Just nice to be outside finally!

No comments: