Friday, March 26, 2010

don't want to send flowers?

I mentioned last week that one of my friend's mom had passed away. I wasn't able to make it to the funeral and was so torn up about it. I didn't want to just send a plant of flowers, because that is what everyone does and let's face it, after a week the flowers are gone, and if you are anything like me the plant is usually gone too after a week or two.

So I needed something really meaningful and something that she would have forever to remind her of her mom. I just couldn't think of anything and then all of a sudden it hit me. I raced to my computer and, of course, hopped on the Etsy site. This is what I pulled up.

PERFECT!!!!

I got her this exact necklace (minus the names on it) with an inscription on it and added a little pearl to it too. Francisca @ SilverSpeak was sooo terrific to work with. She got it done in record time for me, since she knew I was in a big hurry to get it to my friend. We worked for a couple of hours emailing back and forth getting it just right and she got it sent out the next day directly to my friend and I believe she got it within 1-2 days. Amazing, right?

Just wanted to pass this on for those of you who are like me and don't want to send flowers or a plant for something. I think this is a great gift idea.

No comments: