Sunday, December 27, 2009

I must have been good this year......

What a Christmas!!! Well the plans got changed just a little bit this year to accommodate the whooper of a storm that we got (I think around 2 feet total over the whole weekend). We decided to let Khloe open her presents from us on Christmas Eve morning. Just to spread it out a little.


She had a great time and got lots of cute things (they should be....since I bought them.) She loved her makeup bag, purse, and quiet book.

Troy and I always say we are not getting each other anything, but I usually always end up getting him something. Usually he doesn't get me anything.....but only because I tell him not to. The last time he got me something for Christmas I opened up a Carhart Coat (well in his defense I had complained about getting cold outside while I scooped) and....wait for it......wait for it....a square green little machine with a crank on it.....that I had no clue what it was for. Turns out you put de-icer in it and turn the wheel and it spreads it all over your sidewalks. I'm still learning how to use it properly. So you might find it hard to believe, but after that Christmas I told him there was really no need for him to buy me anything.

So imagine my surprise after everyone had opened their presents that there was still a box under the tree. I knew immediatly what it was once I held it....which always ticks Troy off that I ruin the surprise. I opened it up and found a new phone. Now before you start thinking that this is as bad as the previous gifts, this one I actually was excited about.

My mom had gotten us a new phone a couple of years ago as a Christmas present and I swear after about 6 months the phones went bad. So instead of buying new phones....because why would I want to spend my hard earned money on a boring new phone....I am just constantly running around the house switching phones because the batteries die before you can finish a conversation. So this was a great gift for me.

Troy really went all out on this phone. He kept asking me if I liked it....I think he wanted me to say no so he could take it back. It must have been expensive! It has three handsets....because I always lose the two that we have, caller id, call waiting, digital phonebook, speakerphone, hold and it even announces who is calling. That way if you are on the couch and don't want to get up you can wait and hear who is calling....and then decide how important they are! Not that I would ever do that......hmmmm


We did make it out to my parents....just in time. We ended up having to skip Christmas mass this year which was a huge bummer. I think this is probably the first year ever that we have not gone to Christmas Eve mass. But with the ice and snow we just didn't think it was a good idea to have the little ones out on the road after dark.We opened some gifts that night and Khloe, yet again, got some really cute gifts. This was a dollhouse that she got.....I turned around and found Troy playing with it....look where he put the man...just relaxing in the bathtub. He's just lucky I didn't show everyone the next picture of him I took....he realized I was shooting some pictures of him and held up one of his fingers for me. It wasn't his ring finger either! hee hee He knew right where those pictures were going!

Khloe got the cutest little bag from my mom...I really wish I could have taken credit for this one. Maybe next year after I learn how to sew. It is supposed to be their backyard setting....complete with Khloe's swing. LOVE IT!!!!

I was actually successful in stumping my dad this year for Christmas. Every gift he gets he always knows what it is (probably because we get him the same stuff every year). So this year I decided to put his Ebay gift certificate in a box and I dumped in a handful of M&M's. He just couldn't figure it out! HA HA

Khloe lucked out Christmas morning and Santa was able to make it through the storm to Grandmas house. She got a little salon chair for her babies along with too many other toys.

As for me.....I must have been exceptionally good this year because I think I got just about everything on my list that I gave this year. There was one gift that I was really wanting and after we arrived at my parents I went to the tree and thought I scoped it out hiding in the back (good try mom). Yes, I am still like a little kid at Christmas, shaking all the boxes. Usually I don't have tons of pictures of myself at Christmas. But when it came time for this box to come around I handed Troy the camera and told him to start shooting. I got my Wacom Bamboo Craft Tablet and was I excited! These are 3 of the 32 pictures Troy took of me. I can't wait to try it out! I also got a tripod for my camera, a remote for my camera, a new camera strap and TONS of other stuff. I think mom forgot she had told us she was cutting back this year.

We got stranded at my parents until the day after Christmas.....and we only live 10 miles away and I really love my own shower and bed....if that tells you how bad the storm was. Their electricity went out on Christmas Day around 11:00 so the ham didn't get cooked and all we could do was eat of the platter of cookies and treats....oh darn. Lucky for us they have a generator and within a few hours we were up and running with some electricity. Not that it mattered...besides the heat of course....we had a great time.



Dad made a ping pong table so we had a few little tournaments...I must add, I didn't do too bad.

All in all it was a good Christmas....but it is always good to be back home. I actually started taking some of the Christmas decorations down today. I get almost excited about putting up my winter decorations because I love all of the silver glittery stuff.

Well if you are still reading this....congratulations....you made it through one of the longest posts I think I will ever have! Hope everyone had a great Christmas!!!!

1 comment:

Laurie Hornor said...

Hi Holly,
I absolutley loved reading through you blog! You are soooo creative and a wonderful mom! How fun! I'm glad you had a Merry Christmas!
Laurie