Friday, December 11, 2009

Getting organized in 2010


One of my BIGGEST goals for 2010 is to get my office/scrapbook room organized. This is probably my favorite room in the house and it is also the messiest place in the house. There are a few of you select individuals who have been unfortunate enough to walk the small path that exists to and from my desk....and for that I'm sorry! I have taken pictures and whenever I get the "After" finished I will be brave and show the "Before."

The thing that really bothers me is that I used to be the most organized person. That was before I had a kid. Khloe came along and not only stole my memory bank but also must have sucked my organizational skills right out of me too. At this point I'm not real sure which is worse.

So my plan is to take baby steps up until about March of 2010. At that point (Troy...just quit reading right now because you are not going to like what you read) I'm going to remove EVERYTHING, except maybe the treadmill (yes it is also my workout room and no it is not a large room) because that thing is a hog, and start from scratch. The room is getting a fresh coat of paint that has not been done since we moved in, carpets cleaned, and hopefully by then a new desk in place. I'm eying this one in all white, just because of the size and storage it offers.

From now till March I'm planning to just get little things ready...ie the "Inspire" vinyl rub-on, desk picked out, paint picked out, bulletin boards made, filing cabinets painted, and more. Today I worked on these "Incoming" and "Outgoing" letter holders. I have been desperatly needing a place to put bills because I'm lucky if I don't lose them on the way from the mailbox to my office. I love love love this letter holder, but just wasn't real excited about spending $29 + shipping for something like this right now. So I made a couple of my own and I think they turned out pretty well for not really having a plan. I just painted some cheap 4x6 picture frames from Ikea and glued paper to them with the tops tilting out a bit so I can really shove a lot of bills in there! :) Then I just painted some grungeboard and glued them on and there you have it! I don't think both of them together cost me more than $1.00 or $1.50. Not bad!

For right now all this stuff will lay in another pile in my office....but the end is now in sight!

No comments: