Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas madness


Of course she has to test the first one out of the oven


Don't worry...I'm sure there were only one or two of her hairs that actually touched the cookies....she got to eat that one afterwards! :)

Khloe's new little rolling pin that I gave her for Christmas....well a little early....got a lot of use! We were busy the other night making cookies. I think the whole process only took us about 6 hours and I'm not even kidding. When we were done and I was looking around our kitchen that looked like a tornado hit it I was wondering if it was all worth it. But Khloe seemed to have fun and the cookies tasted good so we will probably get crazy and do it again next year!
Below is the finished product!
I think the trees could have used a few ornaments....but I was out of energy by the end! Whew, good think Christmas only comes once a year!

I also wanted to post the other box that I finished. I decided to make a new jewelry box. I couldn't find one that I liked without spending a lot of money so I just decided to make my own. Here is the end result...I'll probably paint the box once I decide what color. Yes, it could probably take up to a year for me to decide! ha ha

I keep all of my jewelry in the drawers....along with my cute little flower clip that I made. It works out pretty good for being able to sort through and find what I want.

I hope everyone has a fun weekend planned! I finally get to go see "New Moon." I'm soooo excited! Troy has been refusing to see it after I made him sit through "Twilight" (though I like to think he secretly liked it and won't admit to it). Finally today I found someone who hasn't seen it yet and wants to go, which means I don't have to go sit at the theater by myself...although I was willing to do it to see this movie!

2 comments:

ErinLamka said...

I really love the little boxes! I am in need of a new jewelry box. Unfortunately I never make it to Ikea. If I ever do, I'll be calling you to help me make mine.

The Christmas cookies turned out good. Carter and I made some as well but I cheated and bought the Toll House kind that are already cut out and you just bake and decorate. That was enough for me this year. Maybe when he is a little older! Hope you guys have a good Christmas!

Cami said...

Holly -
I too made Christmas cookies and the other Christmas goodies along with it. Yeah Mitch and Grant thought it was a great idea at first but after a couple of times dipping the pretzels they were done! So I know about the kitchen being a tornado and thinking "what was I thinking?" Oh well.. they turned out good. Although I should get a frosting tip like you. Cute Cookies!!!! Have a great Chritmas!