Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Blog work and BIG NEWS

I'm starting work on revamping my blog here in the next week or so. Just wanted to send out the forewarning that if you click on my blog someday and it is all screwy, I am probably just playing around and trying out new things with it! :)

I am sooo excited about all of these new challenges that I'm presenting myself with. It feels really good sometimes just to exercise the old brain and get some new creative juices flowing. The only problem is there really are not enough hours in the day, but I do have one way of fixing that.

I have become a TOTAL TV head lately and I hate it. I don't know what I am getting out of all of these shows (Troy says they are just corrupting me hee hee), so I believe we are making the decision to drop all of our cable this summer. That means NO TV at all! I know...don't fall off your chair, I can't believe I am doing it either.

The idea all started after all of the problems we were having with our Directv. We are paying roughly $80 a month for tv! (Seriously?!?!?! Is it really worth that?) Half the time the channels don't come in or we have some sort of problem with our receiver that it doesn't work, the other times we are flipping through and can't find one thing to watch on all of the channels that we get, so why pay the money? Oooohhhh I'm going to miss my House Hunters on HGTV though. :(

We started thinking about all of the things we could do with $80 a month....taking Khloe to the zoo, going to a waterpark for a day, saving up and going on a family vacation, etc. It just isn't making sense to have my butt parked on the couch in front of the TV when there are so many other things I want to do with my time.

So I'll keep you posted on what we decide! :)

We are really just all about downsizing right now. Getting rid of things that we don't really need.

Which brings me to my next big bit of news. Our house is officially on the market! SCARY!!! We have been talking about selling for the last 2 years and finally just yesterday decided to take the plunge. The housing market in our area is really good and now is a great time to sell. We have absolutely no clue what house we would buy next. We have nothing waiting in the wings. We do know that we want a fixer-upper that we can go in and gut things and change them to how we want them.

The problem with our house now is that I have my salon in our home. With Khloe getting older you can really hear her running around in the house, screaming, laughing, crying, etc. We need to find a place we can add the salon onto, rather than having it right in the house. We love our house and are sooo scared at the prospect of selling and regretting our decision, but right now we really feel we need a different layout in order to keep my business in/around the home.

I think Troy and I went back and forth at least 10 times the day the realtor came. In fact Troy asked her what a good price was to list it so that no one would buy it! ha ha Can you tell how torn we are? We have a HUGE lot with a HUGE backyard and it makes me want to cry thinking about leaving that backyard. We are hoping we can find something comparable and we are going to be very picky.

So I know....lots of big news in this post. Lots of changes headed our way (possibly...if we have a buyer). We just figure we will go with the flow. Whatever is meant to be will be.

Wish us luck! :)

No comments: