Thursday, January 6, 2011

OWN - more Oprah anyone?

(photo courtesy of www.starpulse.com)

Anyone else addicted to the new OWN network yet?

Really, how much better can it get?  A 24 hour network of all Oprah-ish shows?
I had it on over the weekend and picked out a few of my favs.  I'm sure at some point they will all be favorites, but hey I can't watch tv 24/7 so for now a few will do.

Favorite # 1

Season 25: Oprah Behind the Scenes

This one surprised me in a good and bad sort of way.  I knew that tons and tons of work went into the behind the scenes, I knew that Oprah must have a ton of people working for her, and I figured she was somewhat of a hard a$$  because really how can you have a successful show like hers and not be.  

I, however, had no idea that her people did EVERYTHING for her.  Call me naive, but I thought hoped that she at least put something of herself into the show, but as it turns out, her team comes up with everything, including all her monologue, and presents it to her to see if she likes it.  It surprised me to see how genuinely scared, nervous, whatever you want to call it, her team was when they present to her.  I thought maybe after like, say, 15 years of working for her they could relax a little bit.  I guess not.  Hmm, changed my perspective of her a little bit.  Like in one clip where one of the producers lost her mic for 3 minutes and she looked at him with fire in those eyes of hers and said "Don't you EVER let me go 3 minutes again."  I would have ran for cover if I was that poor guy.  There probably would have been a few tears during my run too.  I guess working for her is not for the faint of heart.  Lesson learned...never apply for a job with Oprah.
Favorite #2

In the Bedroom with Dr. Laura Berman

I'm in total amazement.  I would NEVER...I repeat....NEVER go on a show like this.  I know never say never, but really I wouldn't.  I CANNOT believe that people actually go on national television and talk about their sex life.  WOW!  So I have to watch, simply because I'm in awe of people.

Favorite #3 and #4 

Ask Oprah's All Stars
Miracle Detectives
I haven't seen these shows yet, but I know they are going to fill my #3 and 4 spot, respectively.  What does that even mean when people say that...respectively?  For some reason the keys just moved and wrote that word.  Anyways back to my topic at hand. 

Ask Oprah's All Stars has to be a great show.  Although I have had my Dr Phil fill (sorry lack of a better word) for awhile now, I'm hoping I will like him when paired with the likes of Dr. Oz and Suze Orman.  Who can't use a little self-help in their lives?

I did see a little snippet of Miracle Detectives.  Did you ever see that 20/20, I believe it was, where the little boy claimed that he was a WWII fighter pilot?  He knew all these details about the war and about this one mans life that died in the war.  They believe he was reincarnated.  Wow....I remember seeing that 20/20 and going to bed with some questions in my head.  Well this whole show appears to be based on stories like this.  I CAN'T WAIT!!!  I love that kind of stuff.

I'm not really a Carson Kressly fan, so we'll have to see if I watch his show.  Same goes for Peter Walsh, not real sure on that one.  Some of those houses looked PRETTY cluttered.  I thought our duplex was bad...geez.

Anyways, we can all breathe a sigh of relief, Oprah is NOT going to be disappearing anytime soon.  As if we were worried, right?

No comments: