Monday, August 2, 2010

my life

Life?  

Where are you?  

I want you back!

Really what the heck is going on?  So after my last post about how were were trying to get settled.  Friday morning brought about even more changes.  Troy called me at my salon around 9:30 and said our basement in the duplex was taking on water.  He told me to come home and that we had to start clearing stuff out of the basement.  Excuse me?  You mean ALL of the stuff that we had JUST moved into the basement?  UNREAL!  So I get home and start moving everything upstairs.  I will just say one thing about our upstairs:  You can't hardly move there is so much stuff.  

So lets see.  Now we have an upstairs that you can't move in and a downstairs that is unusable.  Oh let me just add a stinky downstairs that is unusable.  We are still trying to dry up water down there.  I can only image what our electrical bill will be this month!  So we spent ALL weekend cleaning our basement and sucking up water. 

Did I forget to mention that Friday we were supposed to take off at 1:00 just the three of us for a little time together?  So I called the sitter trying to hold back tears and told her that she had to keep Khloe longer.  I went to pick Khloe up and my sitter gave me her two weeks notice.  WHAT????  I seriously just kept laughing when she told me, because I knew that if I stopped laughing I would start bawling.  So I made it out to the car and put Khloe in her car seat and the waterworks started and the floodgates opened.  

So we are practically homeless and daycare-less and I just opened a new salon that I can't even get up to work at.  Which leads me to ask:  Is this really my life?  I just keep reminding myself that we are all healthy, we have beds to sleep in and food on the table.  I just have to keep repeating that to myself.  It is slowly working. 

So I am PRAYING for normalcy this week.  I'm PRAYING that nothing happens this weekend that prevents us from spending a little time as a family.  I'm PRAYING that I can actually put in a full week of work without interruptions. 

2 comments:

Rajean B. said...

Saying a prayer for you as well. I hope you get that much need family time this weekend.

The Anliker's said...

Sending happy thoughts your way - we're thinking of your and praying for your normalcy! He doesn't give you more than you can handle - even though I'm sure you're really questioning that!