Tuesday, May 18, 2010

heartbreak

Sorry I have been MIA for awhile.  

We got news this weekend that my sister's boyfriend was killed in an accident. 

It has left a huge hole in all of our hearts.  He was, for all the ways it mattered, a husband to her, a dad to her kids, and a part of our family.


It isn't fair and it isn't right.  I don't think anyone that met him had a bad word to say about him.  He was the absolute nicest guy you would ever meet.  You just keep thinking that they made a mistake, that it can't be him.

The past few days have been terribly hard for us.  We are devastated and I can only imagine what my sister and her kids feel like.  Indescribable pain.  He was everything to them and brought such joy and fun to their lives when they needed it most.  They depended on him.  They were a family.

You try to do anything you can to help, but there is only one thing she wants.  Him.  I can't give that to her. 

So I will be taking a short hiatus until I can type without tears streaming down my face, until there is something I feel happy about writing about, until life starts to continue on and you have no choice but to keep up.

2 comments:

Rajean B. said...

Holly, you don't know me, but you do know my sister Katie R. I have been following your blog for quite some time. I am so sorry for your family's loss. Please know that you all will be in my prayers for comfort, strength, and peace to get through this very difficult time.

Amy Peterson said...

I know you can't give Heather "him," but you can give her you and she does need you, that is just what sisters do! Take care! Love ya!