Wednesday, June 2, 2010

where do I even begin

It has been quite awhile since I updated on happenings around here.

Things kind of got put on a stand still around here after Dave's accident.  I don't know if the full shock of it all has still even settled in on any of us.  I keep reminding myself that everything happens for a reason.  Even though right now things are a little cloudy, they have to get better.  I think it will be a hard summer for all of us, especially my sister.  I just hope for her that each day the pain lessens just a tiny tiny bit and she can be thankful for the short time she was able to spend with him.

We are moving forward on selling our house.  We have an appraisal this week and hopefully if everything checks out it is a done deal.  We are crossing our fingers.  We have a duplex rented on standby in case things go through and we have no where to go.

We have also begun work on the new salon.  It needs a total gut job, but we are trying to work with what we have and I think thing are coming together nicely.  We spent the ENTIRE Memorial Day weekend up there working.  Troy has been amazing...as always.  Never complaining about going up there and not letting up on getting the work done.  I tried a couple of times to take a half a day off this weekend, but he would hear nothing of it.  He is right though, we have a very short period of time to get it done.  If our house sells we have to be out by June 30th.  Eek!!!  I don't even want to think about trying to move all of our stuff and trying to finish and move the salon by then.  It's more than my brain can handle right now.

I'll be posting some pics of the salon as we go.  Here are all of the before pictures.  The pictures don't even do the building justice for how bad it is.  It is disgusting up there.  I've never touched so many bugs and spiders and who know what else in my life.  The bathroom looks like something I've never seen before.  We are having the toilet and sink replaced and who knows what we are going to do with the floor to ceiling blue paint.  They even painted the door blue and the paper towel and toilet paper holders blue.  Nice. 



My scrapbooking has been put on a back burner right now.  There is just no time.  I am hoping to start working on it again soon.

I am going to try and update some pictures on my other site.  Don't be surprised if some days are missing.  There were a couple of weeks there after the accident that I barely picked up my camera.

Alright well I think that covers everything for now.  I plan to get my blog back up and running regularly and keep you updated on the salon progress.  I have the end vision and I can only hope it turns out that good!

No comments: