Monday, June 14, 2010

10:00

It's 10:00 and as usual, lately, I am beat.  

But I am on the couch blogging and just stuck in the movie "Leap Year."  I'm really too tired to watch it and have way to many things to do, but I refuse to let Netflix get their money's worth out of me.  I am determined to watch my movie at least once a week or cancel it.  I know...so stupid...but still I have to get my money out of it.  By the way, we did rent "It's Complicated" last week.  Great flick.  Troy thought it was the first good one we have had from Netflix (he didn't watch "New Moon").  It's been awhile since I have heard him laugh really hard at a movie.  Pretty funny.

So here I am, thinking about the business cards that need to be designed and printed, the rice bags that need to be made (warm rice bags....for my clients to put over their weary eyes while they relax in the salon...I know....exciting....shhh it is supposed to be a surprise), the gift bags that need to be put together, the products that need to be priced, the promotions that need to be thought up, the blog that needs to be designed.....and trust me people, this is the tip of the iceberg.  But by gosh I am going to get my use out of Netflix, so here I lay watching "Leap Year."

I told Troy tonight I am so ready to get back to normalcy.  His reply to me "What exactly is normalcy?  Can you tell me the last time we had it?  Was it before we had a kid or before we got married?"  My normalcy is being able to clean my house, do laundry, pay bills, play with Khloe, scrapbook, sew, and maybe see some sun on my pasty arms.  Cooking a decent meal is right up at the top of that list too.  Instead of the usual Rice Krispies, watermelon, popcorn, or whatever else I can grab real quick before heading to the salon.  I'm just ready to have my life back.  I keep saying "By the 4th of July it should all quiet down."  I just keep repeating that in my head.

Alright are you all tired of hearing how busy I am now?  I hate when people do that, but since this is my blog and it is my place to rant sometimes....I guess this is what you get tonight! :)

Ok so on to some pictures.  These are all straight out of the camera, no photoshopping tonight so sorry if they aren't the greatest, but here goes.

Lets start in the waiting area tonight.  Here are some before pictures.  

All closed up.  A rather drab area.  Dark and gloomy.  Here are some photos of us making progress in this room.
our little helper

Troy working the texture gun.  I think by the end he actually was having fun.


Here is how we are looking today!  Much more open and airy.  The walls on the left have been textured and painted by now and this room, except for the flooring (which arrived today), shelving, and lights on the wall, is finished.  On to the actual salon! 

Hopefully by the end of the week I will have some progress pictures of the salon.  

In the next couple of days I will post some pictures of the other rooms.  Wait till you see the progress on the bathroom.  The sink that has hung on the wall for the last 60 years has been removed only to leave a huge whole in the wall.  Not to mention you could easily just peel the entire wall off because it is about all rotting away.  Troy is in the fix it stage right now before the plumbers come back tomorrow.  

It always ends up being a bigger project than you think, right?

By the way...the movie is going well.  I really like Amy Adams and I haven't seen Matthew Goode in anything since "Chasing Liberty."  I think that was about 10 years ago.  So far it gets my recommendation....but I'm only in about 30 minutes.

No comments: