Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday again

Alright...how is it Monday already again?  I swear I just posted on here, but it has already been a week.  Here is an update.

The salon is moving along.  Lets see....other than the rotting walls, the leaking walls, the wet floor, and the furnace that leaks gas and carbon monoxide we are doing really well.  

Oh and I forgot my horrid blue bathroom that I just can't get covered up.


Did I mention they painted the ceiling, door, pipes, and air duct blue too?  It really is wonderful.

The good news is we did get our new toilet and sink in.  They pulled the 1940's sink off the wall only to reveal a huge hole behind it.  Troy did some wonderful mud work and it looks better than any other part of the wall in that room.  

I don't know the guy who did the other patching in there, but I can only hope that construction was not his "real" job.  

I'm doing a little more painting in there today and little by little it is looking better.  I'll take some updated pictures tonight.  I always forget to take my camera when we go.

We pulled the carpet back in the "salon" area over the weekend only to reveal a big wet spot and the flooring underneath soaked.  We think there could possibly be a window leaking?!?!?  This is kinda a bummer because it holds us up from having our new flooring laid, which was supposed to happen this weekend.

I'll give you a few more progress photos.  I know you have seen this first photo.  But here it is again just to refresh.  So we cut an opening in that wall to go into the salon.  There is a door off to the left that we Troy filled in. 

  
This is the backside after he took the sheet rock off.

Here it is with the new opening cut in.


I will take some more pictures tonight when I go up so you can see how far we are now.  I have the whole salon area painted and the whole waiting area painted.  We need to get lights up, flooring in, trim done, and the plumbing in yet.  Those things should hopefully go pretty fast as soon as we find out about the wet floor.

Khloe got to spend a day at my parents awhile back and they pulled out my Big Bird that I had as a little girl.  They thought Khloe was just about the right age.


She had a ball on it!


No comments: